Ingredients Needed for Pickled Red Cabbage
1 red cabbage
1 ounce horseradish
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup water
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 teaspoon coriander powder
How to Make Pickled Red Cabbage
- Thinly slice the horseradish. Slice the radishes in quarters.
- Thinly slice the red cabbage and slice the lemon and lime in quarters.
- Grab a large jar, around 800 ml. Add the red cabbage in the jar, filling around 1/4 of it.
- Add the lime and lemon slices, celery leaves, radish, and horseradish. Fill it with the rest of the red cabbage. Press it down on it and top it with mustard seeds.
- Separately, heat the water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring it to a boil and add salt, peppercorns, and coriander powder. Stir and leave it on heat for 1-2 more minutes. Pour it slowly in the jar, so it doesn’t overfill.
- Secure the jar and keep it for 2-3 weeks in a cold place!