Ingredients Needed for Mushroom Tart
For the crust:
1 cup gluten free flour
¼ cup dairy-free margarine
¼ cup vegetable shortening
1 teaspoon water
½ teaspoon salt
For the first mushroom mixture:
1 teaspoon flour
½ onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 medium-sized carrots, grated
3.5 ounces of chestnut mushrooms, quartered
1 fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
¼ cup cream cheese
¼ cup chestnut puree
For the second mushroom mixture:
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, sliced
3 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
2 ounces of dried cranberries
1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
For the roast potatoes:
1 teaspoon salt
4 medium-sized potatoes, cubed
1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the redcurrant sauce:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 ounces of red currant jelly
¼ cup vegetable stock
1 tablespoon water
¼ cup flour
How to Cook Mushroom Tart
- For the crust: add the gluten-free flour, dairy free margarine, vegetable shortening, a tablespoon of water and some salt to a bowl. Mix them together and knead the dough until smooth.
- Spread the flour on your work surface and flatten the dough, using a rolling pin.
- Pat the flatten dough evenly over the bottom and side of a tart pan. Trim the edges.
- Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over the tart pan and pour inside enough beans (or other equivalent weight) so that the paper takes the form of the dough in the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- For the first mushroom mixture: pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet and place it over medium-low heat. Add the onion and crushed garlic and start cooking and stirring.
- Add the carrot and stir, cooking everything for 1–2 minutes.
- Add the chestnut mushrooms and the thyme and stir. Add salt and pepper too. Cook until golden, for 6 – 7 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and chestnut puree and stir. Cook for 1–2 minutes more.
- Remove the parchment paper with the beans from the pan and add on the tart base the content of the skillet. Spread it evenly.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- For the second mushroom mixture: use a skillet to add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook them until golden or for 6–7 minutes.
- Add the dried cranberries and the fresh parsley and cook for 1–2 minutes more.
- Add the second mushroom mixture on top of the tart and spread it evenly.
- For the roast potatoes: fill a cooking pot halfway or less with water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and put it over medium heat. When the water starts boiling add the potatoes.
- Bring it to a boil and cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes.
- Use a bowl and a strainer to drain the cooked potatoes. Add them to a round casserole and drizzle some olive oil on them. Salt and pepper them.
- Roast for 25 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- For the redcurrant sauce: add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Add the redcurrant jelly and stir. Add the vegetable stock, too.
- Use a small bowl to mix together 1/4 cup water and 2 tablespoons flour.
- When the jelly and stock mix start simmering, add the flour-water mix. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve the tart with the cooked potatoes and the red currant sauce.