Ingredients Needed for Orange Cake
2 cups of flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
⅔ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon melted butter
2 cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon cloves
6 maraschino cherries
How to Cook Orange Cake
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- First thing you need to do is prepare the dough.
- Use a large mixer and add the flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, and vegetable oil.
- Mix everything until smooth. Add the zest from 1 lime and 1 orange. Mix again.
- Use a round cake tin and spread melted butter on its bottom.
- Pour the batter in and bake it in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice out of the 2 oranges and heat it. Add the cinnamon sticks and cloves. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Slice the remaining orange. Use a toothpick to prick the top surface of the cake.
- Pour the syrup you’ve made over the cake. Top it with orange slices and maraschino cherries.