Ingredients Needed for Onion and Olive Pull-Apart Bread
fresh yeast (1 cube, 20-25 grams)
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 cup water
1 pound flour
½ cup olive oil
1 large red onion, diced
2 ounces olives, pitted and chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon vinegar
How to Cook Onion and Olive Pull-Apart Bread
- Add the yeast and sugar to a small bowl. Crush the yeast and mix using a fork.
- Gradually add 2-3 tablespoons of water and keep mixing until smooth using a teaspoon.
- Add the flour to a bowl and season with salt. Pour the yeast mixture in the center and set it aside.
- Heat 1/2 of the olive oil in a skillet over low-medium heat, then add the onion. Season with salt.
- Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes and transfer to a cup. Set aside.
- Add the olives to another cup. Pour the remaining olive oil over them and mix. Set aside.
- Add the remaining water and the vinegar to a cup and mix them.
- Pour the vinegar water in the center of the flour bowl over the yeast mixture.
- Start mixing from the center until the liquid is absorbed using a spatula.
- Keep mixing and kneading until you have a dough.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rise (for 30 minutes, or so).
- Split the dough into two halves and add each one to a separate bowl. Mix then cover each bowl with a kitchen towel and let rise (for 20-30 minutes more).
- Butter a roomy baking dish, shape the dough balls (we’ve got 20) and transfer them into it.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.