Ingredients Needed for One Layer Carrot Cake
⅔ cup sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
1 cup cream cheese
4 ounces of butter
How to Cook One Layer Carrot Cake
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/190°C.
- Use a shredder and finely grate all carrots.
- Break the eggs and add them in a mixer with sugar. Mix it for under a minute and add shredded carrots and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Use a large bowl and add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Mix everything with a fork. Combine it with the previously made egg and sugar mixture in a blender. Blend it until it gets a smooth texture.
- Add mixture in a cake tin and bake it for 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can take care of the icing. Use a large bowl and add powdered sugar, cream cheese and butter. Use a fork to mix all of the ingredients together.
- When ready, cover the cake with icing and serve.