Ingredients Needed for Cheese Maznik Pie
1 pound flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup warm water
7 ounces of butter
10 ounces of cheese, shredded
How to Make Cheese Maznik Pie
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/190°C.
- Melt 2 ounces (55 grams) of butter.
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt and the baking powder. Pour the olive oil and water, while gently stirring the flour.
- Spread flour on your working surface (it’s preferably to use a tablecloth – you’ll need it later for wrapping the dough). Begin kneading the dough adding a little more flour as it becomes sticky. Knead the dough for 5 minutes until smooth, elastic and firm.
- Shape the dough into a 4 inches (10 cm) roll and then cut it into 6 balls. Level them with a rolling pin until thin.
- Grab a knob of butter in the tip of your fingers and spread it over each round of dough. When you’re done, place them in stacks of 2, with butter on the sides so you can stick them together.
- Grab each stack and widen until it is almost transparent.
- Evenly spread 1 tablespoon of melted butter and around 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of shredded cheese on the surface of the dough.
- Lift the edges of the tablecloth closest to you and allow the pastry to roll.
- Grab one of the ends and make a swirl with it. Add the swirl in a baking tray.
- Continue with the remaining ingredients, until you have used the other 2 stacks of dough and the filling ingredients. Add the second and the third swirl in the baking tray, trying to shape one big swirl pie.
- Bake the pie for the next 25 minutes.