Ingredients Needed for Nut-Crusted Cod Fillet With Pea Puree
1 ounce celery leaves
¼ cup walnuts
¼ cup peanuts
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
2 cod fillets (4-ounce each)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon ginger, sliced
2 celery sticks, chopped
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 cup frozen peas
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ cup heavy cream
How to Cook Nut-Crusted Cod Fillet With Pea Puree
- Add the celery leaves, walnuts, and peanuts to a blender and crush them. Add the olive oil, season with salt and blend some more. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in an oven-proof pan over medium heat. Add the fillets and season with salt and white pepper. Fry for 4 minutes on both sides, or until golden brown.
- Top each fillet with walnut mixture and bake for 5 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Melt the butter in a deeper pan over low heat. Add the ginger and celery. Sautee until tender. Add the onion powder and fennel seeds and stir in.
- Add the frozen peas and stir them in. Add the lemon zest and heavy cream, season with salt and white pepper and stir in. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with fillets.