Ingredients Needed for No-Bake Caramel Cake
For the caramelized sugar:
1 cup sugar
2 ounces of butter
½ cup heavy cream
For the cake:
5 ounces of crackers
1 ounce melted butter
ice cream, optionally (for serving)
melted chocolate, optionally (for garnishing)
How to Cook No-Bake Caramel Cake
- For the caramelized sugar:
Add the sugar in a skillet over low heat and start caramelizing it. As it starts melting, add the butter, then add the heavy cream.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- For the cake:
Crush 3 ounces of your crackers and add them to a ball. Add the melted butter and mix them.
- Transfer the crushed cracker mixture to a 7 x 2 inch (17 x 5 cm) cake pan. Evenly spread it and press it gently. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake pan from fridge and layer the remaining whole crackers over the base layer. Arrange them so they partially overlap each other.
- Pour the caramelized sugar mixture on top. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes before serving.
- Optionally, serve it with some 1 scoop of ice cream and garnished with melted chocolate.