Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Eclairs
For the choux pastry:
1 cup milk
1 cup water
½ cup butter
1 ½ cups of flour
For the filling:
1 cup milk
5 ounces of chocolate
1 ounce sugar
1 ounce melted white chocolate for icing
How to Cook Chocolate Eclairs
- For the choux pastry:
Add the milk, water, and butter to a cooking pot over medium heat. Stir until the butter melts.
- Add the flour. Continuously stir until a creamy, slightly dry dough forms. (Set it aside to cool.)
- Transfer to a bowl, season with salt, and cool down the mixture using a hand mixer.
- Gradually add the eggs while continuously mixing using a spatula. Mix until the yellow, creamy choux dough forms. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the choux dough to a piping bag. Pipe some lines and circles of dough (we’ve got 4 straight and 2 circular ones), then bake for 30 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- For the filling:
Add the milk to a cooking pot over low heat. Stir for up to 1 minute, then add the chocolate. Cook and stir until the chocolate melts. Set aside.
- Add the yolks and sugar to a bowl. Beat them using a hand mixer.
- Gradually add the milk and chocolate mixture while continuously mixing.
- Transfer to a pot over low heat. Cook and stir until reduced and creamy. Let it cool, then transfer to a piping bag.
- Horizontally cut the circular pastries in two. Make an incision in the side or bottom of the others using the tip of a knife. Fill them with the chocolate cream, then ice them with melted white chocolate.