Ingredients Needed for Mushroom and Mincemeat Casserole
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 white onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
6 mushrooms, sliced
14 ounces of minced meat
5 garlic cloves
1 red chili, diced
6 black olives, pitted and sliced
½ teaspoon diced chives
¼ cup milk
2 potatoes, peeled and shredded
½ cup cheddar, shredded
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Mushroom and Mincemeat Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Cook the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the green bell pepper, mushrooms, salt, and pepper.
- Stir and cook them together until the veggies soften a little.
- Add the minced meat and mix.
- Crush 3 garlic cloves and add them to the skillet.
- Cook until the meat turns white, then add 2-3 tablespoons of water and simmer.
- Add red chili, olives, and cook further until the meat is cooked through.
- Crack the eggs and add them to a bowl.
- Add chives, salt, pepper, the remaining garlic (crushed), and the milk. Whisk everything.
- When the meat is cooked through, transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Add an even layer of shredded potatoes.
- Add the egg mixture.
- Top with shredded Cheddar and mozzarella.
- Bake the casserole for 50 minutes.