Ingredients Needed for Mozzarella Gnocchi With Pesto
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 brazil nut
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons of roasted pine nuts
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of organic parmesan, grated
4 cups of organic low moisture mozzarella, grated
5 egg yolks
1 teaspoon ghee
5 cherry tomatoes, halved
How to Make Mozzarella Gnocchi With Pesto
- Add the basil, the Brazil nut, crushed garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, and parmesan to a blender. Season with nutmeg and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the mozzarella to a bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Add the egg yolks and mix until even using a spatula.
- Transfer the mozzarella-egg mixture to the work surface on a parchment paper sheet. Give it a cylindrical form and wrap it with the sheet. Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge, unwrap it and slice it. Freeze for 3 more hours.
- Heat the ghee in a skillet over low heat. Add the frozen cheese slices and pesto. Stir them in. Add the cherry tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes.