Fish and Veggie Pastries
Warm, crunchy, and with a delicious filling, cooking these pastries might seem like a no-brainer. They’re filled with perch fillet, cooked with a mix of veggies like onion and bell pepper. You can make them in well under 1 hour, so they’re a good option even if you’re in a hurry.
Ingredients Needed for Fish and Veggie Pastries
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
0.5 green bell pepper, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped
10 ounces of nile perch fillet, chopped
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
2 egg yolks, whisked
2 teaspoons of black sesame seeds
How to Make Fish and Veggie Pastries
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell peppers, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the fish and give it a good stir.
- Season with salt, pepper, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the puff pastry into 2 inches (5 cm) long squares.
- Add around 2 teaspoons of fish mixture over each pastry square. Fold into triangles and secure the filling by pressing with a fork.
- Brush the pastries with whisked egg and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the pastries over it.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.