Ingredients Needed for Mozzarella-Filled Bacon Nests
10 ounces of bacon, sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 ounces of mixed olives
2 ounces of almonds, crushed
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 mozzarella ovolines, around 3.5 ounces (100 grams) each
¼ cup cheddar, shredded
How to Cook Mozzarella-Filled Bacon Nests
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Wrap the bacon slices around 2 round baking dishes, around 4 inches (10 cm) diameter.
- Slide the dishes into the oven for the next 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the olives, almonds, and parsley. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Scoop the inside of the ovolines and fill them with the tomato and olive mixture.
- Add the Cheddar inside the bacon nests. Add the mozzarella over the Cheddar.
- Add the nests in a baking tray and cook them into the oven for the next 10 minutes at 200 degrees F/100 degrees C.