Calories: 651 kCal / serving
- 55 g
- 10 g
- 43 g
Ingredients Needed for Mousse-Filled Chocolate Balloon Bowls7 ounces of milk chocolate sprinkles 10 ounces of whipping cream ¼ cup condensed milk ⅔ cup milk ½ lettuce head
How to Make Mousse-Filled Chocolate Balloon Bowls
- Leave aside 1/4 of your chocolate. Break the remaining chocolate in small pieces and add them into a bowl.
- Put the bowl over a pan of simmering water and slowly mix with a wooden spoon until the chocolate melts. Divide the melted chocolate in 2 bowls – one for making the chocolate bowls and one for the mousse mixture.
- Meanwhile, blow up your balloons (you want the bowls to be about 4 inch/10 cm wide so use small balloons or don’t inflate them too much). Tie them with a knot. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Hold the knotted end of one balloon and dip it into the melted chocolate and then in the colored sprinkles. Leave the balloon stand on the tray. Continue with the rest of the balloons. After you finish shaping your chocolate bowls, chill them for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the whipping cream into a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate from the second bowl, condensed milk, and milk while continuously mixing. If you have remaining chocolate from the making of the chocolate bowls, you can add it in this mixture.
- Add the remaining 1/4 chocolate squares, mix weel and freeze the mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Take out the balloons from the fridge and pop them out. Carefully remove the balloon from the chocolate bowl.
- Add about 3-4 mousse scoops in each balloon bowl when serving. You can serve them topped with strawberry sauce.