Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Beef Meatballs in Tomato Sauce With Bacon
1 pound ground beef
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons of oat bran
1 medium carrot, shredded
1 medium zucchini, shredded
1 cup parmesan, grated
1 teaspoon pesto
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small onion, minced
3 ounces of bacon, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, minced
2 cups of tomato sauce
How to Cook Cheesy Beef Meatballs in Tomato Sauce With Bacon
- Add the ground meat, garlic, eggs, oat bran, carrot, zucchini, parmesan, and pesto to a bowl. Mix until even using your hands.
- Start forming meatballs from the mixture. We’ve got 20 of them but your number may differ slightly.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the meatballs on it. Bake for 40 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the bacon. Cook and stir until it starts turning translucent.
- Turn the heat to low and add the mushrooms. Stir them in. Add the tomato sauce and cook until it bubbles.
- Add the baked meatballs. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.