Ingredients Needed for Meat Stuffed Zucchini With Egg on Top
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon paprika powder
6 ounces of minced meat
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup tomato sauce
¼ cup mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Meat Stuffed Zucchini With Egg on Top
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook it until it softens.
- Add sugar, paprika, and stir.
- Add the meat, and cook it until it turns opaque.
- Add half of the tomato sauce, rosemary, and leave it on heat for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove the head of the zucchinis, and remove their inside with a spoon, so you can make room for the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Now, for the first zucchini, place it standing up on the bottom of a ramekin. Fill half of it with minced meat. Add half of the mozzarella, and continue filling the zucchini with meat, leaving a small room for the egg.
- Crack the egg on top and season with salt and pepper. Add tomato sauce in the empty space between the zucchini and ramekin to prevent it from burning.
- Repeat the steps for the second zucchini. Add the ramekins into the oven and bake them for 35 minutes.