Ingredients Needed for Mascarpone Mousse With Pastry Strips
For the dough:
1 cup flour
1 ounce melted butter
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons of brandy
For the mousse:
2 tablespoons of sugar
7 ounces of mascarpone
1 cup whipped cream
powdered sugar for garnishing
How to Cook Mascarpone Mousse With Pastry Strips
- Add the flour on the work surface forming a little mound. Make a hole in the middle of it and add in there the melted butter.
- Add the eggs, sugar, and brandy. Season with lime zest and salt.
- Mix using your hands until you have a dough. Knead it for a while, then form it into a sphere.
- Wrap it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the sugar, egg, and yolk to a bowl. Mix until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Add the mascarpone. Mix it in using a spatula and then the hand mixer. Mix until even. Add the whipped cream and mix it in. Set aside.
- Dust some flour on the work surface. Flatten the dough using your hands and the rolling pin.
- Cut the dough into long strips, trim them so they are rectangular and equal, then cut them in half. We’re left with 20 dough strips.
- Fill a frying pan 1/2-inch with vegetable oil and heat it. Deep-fry the dough strips on both sides until golden brown and puffed.
- Sprinkle the strips with powdered sugar, transfer the mousse in glasses and serve.