Ingredients Needed for Beef Cannelloni
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
9 ounces of mince d beef
1 cup tomato sauce
6 ounces of cannelloni, around 16 tubes
⅓ cup shredded mozzarella
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
1 ½ cups of milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
How to Cook Beef Cannelloni
- You can start with the Bechamel sauce.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Separately, heat the milk in a separate pan, until just about to boil. Slowly add the hot milk in the butter mixture, whisking continuously until very smooth.
- Cook for 10 more minutes, while stirring, and then remove from the heat. Season the sauce with salt and nutmeg and leave it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Slice and chop the onion. Slice the garlic.
- Heat a skillet and add vegetable oil. Add in the onion, garlic, and beef. Season with dried oregano and salt.
- Stir and cook the meat for about 4-5 minutes, while adding half of the tomato sauce in the process.
- Add the cannelloni in a saucepan full of boiling water, and cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- Take a large baking dish and cover its bottom with remaining tomato sauce. Place the cannelloni vertically. Add the beef inside using a spoon.
- Pour the Bechamel sauce and top with mozzarella.
- Add the dish in the oven and bake it for 20 minutes.