Ingredients Needed for Mascarpone and Cranberry Stuffed Turkey Roll
1 pound turkey breast
4 ounces of mascarpone
2 tablespoons of fresh dill, chopped
3 tablespoons of dried cranberries
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 teaspoons of pesto sauce
How to Make Mascarpone and Cranberry Stuffed Turkey Roll
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Place the turkey breast on your working space and butterfly the meat using a knife. Cover the turkey breast with a piece of plastic wrap and tenderize it with a meat mallet until the meat is of uniform thickness (about 0.5-inch/1.3 cm). Remove the plastic wrap.
- Season the meat with salt, coriander, and paprika powder.
- Spread the mascarpone cheese over the turkey.
- Sprinkle the fresh chopped dill, add the dried cranberries and chives.
- Roll the turkey breast.
- Soak a piece of kitchen-safe string. You’ll use it to tie the turkey roll.
- How to tie the turkey roll:
- Place the end of the string underneath the meat. Make a tight double knot. Make a loop around your left hand, fingers up. Now turn your hand, so your fingers face the meat. Let the loop fall onto the meat and remove your hand. There’s a loose knot where the twine crosses. Lift up the meat and pull the loop around it. Tighten the loop around the meat. Repeat this until you reach the end of the meat. At the end, make a double tight knot around the last loop and cut off the excess twine.
- Lay a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the meat roll in the tray and drizzle olive oil on the roll.
- Sprinkle some more salt and transfer to the oven. Roast for 50 minutes.
- Take the tray out from the oven and let the meat rest for 15 minutes before slicing it. Remove the kitchen string.
- Slice the turkey roll and serve it warm, with pesto sauce.