Ingredients Needed for Marinated Salmon Omelet
For the salmon:
7 ounces of salmon fillet
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons of salt
½ cup fresh dill
1 bay leaf
For the omelet:
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of milk
chives leaves (for garnishing)
How to Cook Marinated Salmon Omelet
- Add the salmon fillet to a roomy baking dish. Season it with sugar and salt. Coat it with fresh dill and place a bay leaf on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap, then marinate for 3 days in the fridge.
- Place the salmon fillet on the work surface. Remove most of the dill coating and cut the fillet into thin slices. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over low heat. As the butter melts, mix 3 eggs and 1 tablespoon of milk in a bowl, then transfer this egg wash to the skillet.
- Continuously stir until the egg wash thickens, then start folding it gently.
- As you fold the omelet, wrap in 5 or 6 fillet slices and some chive leaves. Serve with 2 – 3 more fillet slices and more chive and salad garnish.
- Repeat the last 3 steps with the remaining ingredients for 1 more serving.