Ingredients Needed for Lokma For the dough: ¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon dry yeast
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1 cup flour For the syrup: 3 cups of water
How to Cook Lokma
- Add the sugar and egg in a large bowl. Whisk them.
- Add the active dry yeast, salt, and pour the warm water.
- Slowly add the flour, and whisk until you obtain a smooth dough. Cover it and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the water in it.
- Add the sugar and stir until it melts.
- Pour the lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Bring it to a boil and remove it from the heat.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Use a teaspoon and shape the dough into small balls. Deep-fry them until golden and crispy.
- Let them soak into the syrup for the next 30 minutes.