Chicken Breast With Lentil and Potato Puree
What we have here is a lot of ingredients and you’ll need some patience to prepare this, although it is not such a complicated recipe. The final combo, chicken breast with 2 types of puree (one from peas and the other with lentils and potatoes) should convince you that this one is worth 1 hour of your time.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken Breast With Lentil and Potato Puree
10 ounces chicken breast
5 teaspoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 green bell pepper, cut into sticks
2 teaspoons peanut butter
⅓ cup heavy cream
8 ounces lentils
2 potatoes, cubed
½ ounce ginger, peeled
3 ounces peas
1 tablespoon butter
How to Make Chicken Breast With Lentil and Potato Puree
- Place the chicken breast halves on the work surface, score them and season them both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in an oven-proof pan over medium-high heat and add the seasoned chicken meat.
- Fry for 4 minutes on both sides or until golden brown.
- Drizzle with the 2 more teaspoons of olive oil and season with lime zest. Remove the cooked meat from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the same pan and lower the heat.
- Add the garlic and bell pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Place the cooked chicken breast halves into the pan over the veggies and top each one with a teaspoon of peanut butter.
- Pour over them the heavy cream and bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Add the lentils, potatoes, and ginger root to a pot over low heat and cover them with water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked veggies to a measuring cup and puree them using a hand blender. Set aside.
- Add the peas and butter to a measuring cup, season with salt and pepper and puree them, too.
- Serve the chicken meat with lentil and potato puree and with pea puree. You can garnish everything with more lime zest.