Ingredients Needed for Leek and Cottage Cheese Pie
1 pound flour
5 ounces butter
½ cup yogurt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 leek, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 pound cottage cheese
1 egg yolk, whisked
How to Cook Leek and Cottage Cheese Pie
- Add the flour and butter (save 1 tablespoon for later) to the dough mixer bowl. Mix them until even using your hands.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, and salt to taste, then keep mixing using the dough mixer. Gradually add the water in the process. Mix until you have a dough.
- Seal the bowl with plastic foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and the remaining tablespoon of butter to a pan over low heat.
- As the butter melts add the leek and stir. Season with salt and pepper and add the crushed garlic.
- Cook and stir until tender.
- Transfer the cooked leek to a bowl and add the cottage cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even.
- Cut the dough into two almost equal halves.
- Flatten the bigger one using the rolling pin and use it to coat a flan pan. Trim the edges and prick holes using a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C, then fill it with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Flatten the second dough half and decorate it by stamping circles with an upside-down glass.
- Place it on top of the pie filling and coat it with the whisked egg yolk.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.