Leek and Cottage Cheese Pie
Don’t you feel the need for a good old flan pie? Well, we did, and this time, we used soft cottage cheese for the filling. It proved to be an excellent choice for pairing with the leek cooked in olive oil.
Ingredients Needed for Leek and Cottage Cheese Pie
1 pound flour
5 ounces butter
½ cup yogurt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 leek, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 pound cottage cheese
1 egg yolk, whisked
How to Make Leek and Cottage Cheese Pie
- Add the flour and butter (save 1 tablespoon for later) to the dough mixer bowl. Mix them until even using your hands.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, and salt to taste, then keep mixing using the dough mixer. Gradually add the water in the process. Mix until you have a dough.
- Seal the bowl with plastic foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and the remaining tablespoon of butter to a pan over low heat.
- As the butter melts add the leek and stir. Season with salt and pepper and add the crushed garlic.
- Cook and stir until tender.
- Transfer the cooked leek to a bowl and add the cottage cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even.
- Cut the dough into two almost equal halves.
- Flatten the bigger one using the rolling pin and use it to coat a flan pan. Trim the edges and prick holes using a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C, then fill it with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Flatten the second dough half and decorate it by stamping circles with an upside-down glass.
- Place it on top of the pie filling and coat it with the whisked egg yolk.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.