Ingredients Needed for Hot Banana Pie
2 teaspoons of red peppercorns
2 teaspoons of black peppercorns
2 ounces of butter
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
5 medium bananas, thickly sliced
1 puff pastry sheet
2 whisked yolks
How to Make Hot Banana Pie
- Add the red and black peppercorns to a mortar and grind them.
- Line the bottom of a skillet with the butter and evenly sprinkle the sugar over it, then drizzle with the vanilla extract.
- Place the thick banana slices in a vertical position over the butter-sugar layer. Trim the pastry sheet so that it has a round shape, then cover all with it. Tuck the edges in and coat with whisked yolks.
- Poke holes into the pastry sheet using a fork. Fry for 5 minutes, then bake for 30 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove from oven, place a flat plate upside-down over the skillet and flip. Serve in ice cream glasses, optionally, topped with whipped cream.