Honey-Glazed Chuck Steak With Pancetta and Asparagus
Chuck steaks are one of those foods you can’t get enough of. So it’s best to keep track of plenty of ways to cook it, so you don’t get bored. How about glazing it? You’ll need tomato sauce, honey, red wine, and red peppercorn. And then you’ll need to set the table, light the candles and prepare for a romantic dinner this recipe would be great for!
Ingredients Needed for Honey-Glazed Chuck Steak With Pancetta and Asparagus
1 pound chuck steak
4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
1 garlic head
½ cup red wine
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon red peppercorn
⅓ cup beef stock
2 ounces of pancetta, chopped
3.5 ounces of mushroom, halves
3 asparaguses stalks
1 spring onion, sliced
How to Make Honey-Glazed Chuck Steak With Pancetta and Asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Cut each chuck steak into 2 or 3 large pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Place the chuck steak in the skillet and season it with salt and pepper.
- Fry the meat on all sides until well browned.
- Add the tomato sauce and mix.
- Cut the garlic head in half horizontally (through the cloves). Put one-half in the skillet, cut side down.
- Add the wine, honey, and red peppercorn.
- Cook the meat and, from time to time, turn over the steaks.
- Add the beef stock and continue to cook.
- Remove the garlic, then take each piece of meat and put it in a ceramic baking tray. Pour the sauce over it.
- Cover the ceramic baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining vegetable oil in another skillet.
- Fry the pancetta and the mushrooms.
- Break the asparagus stalks in smaller sticks and throw them in the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook while stirring often.
- Serve the steak with the pancetta and vegetable mixture.
- You can sprinkle some spring onion over the dish before serving.