Ingredients Needed for Honey-Glazed Chuck Steak With Pancetta and Asparagus
1 pound chuck steak
4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
1 garlic head
½ cup red wine
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon red peppercorn
⅓ cup beef stock
2 ounces of pancetta, chopped
3.5 ounces of mushroom, halves
3 asparaguses stalks
1 spring onion, sliced
How to Make Honey-Glazed Chuck Steak With Pancetta and Asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Cut each chuck steak into 2 or 3 large pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Place the chuck steak in the skillet and season it with salt and pepper.
- Fry the meat on all sides until well browned.
- Add the tomato sauce and mix.
- Cut the garlic head in half horizontally (through the cloves). Put one-half in the skillet, cut side down.
- Add the wine, honey, and red peppercorn.
- Cook the meat and, from time to time, turn over the steaks.
- Add the beef stock and continue to cook.
- Remove the garlic, then take each piece of meat and put it in a ceramic baking tray. Pour the sauce over it.
- Cover the ceramic baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining vegetable oil in another skillet.
- Fry the pancetta and the mushrooms.
- Break the asparagus stalks in smaller sticks and throw them in the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook while stirring often.
- Serve the steak with the pancetta and vegetable mixture.
- You can sprinkle some spring onion over the dish before serving.