Ingredients Needed for Patty Sub With Mozzarella and Pesto
5 ounces of minced meat
¼ cup breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons of marinara sauce
1 teaspoon mustard
vegetable oil for frying
3.5 ounces of mozzarella, sliced
2 tablespoons of pesto sauce
How to Cook Patty Sub With Mozzarella and Pesto
- Place the minced meat in a bowl and season it with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 egg, breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon marinara sauce, and mustard. Mix everything until smooth. Pinch off a piece of the meat mixture and gently roll it between your hands to form a small meatball, around 1-2 inch (2,5 cm – 4 cm) in diameter. Continue until you’ve used all of the meat. Press each meatball in your hands to form small patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Cook the meat patties for 7-9 minutes, turning them periodically for even cooking.
- Slice the first baguette through the middle and top its bottom layer with marinara sauce. Add half of the mozzarella slices and add 1 tablespoon of pesto sauce. Add half of the meat patties and close the sandwich.
- Repeat the steps to make 1 more sub!