Patty Sub With Mozzarella and Pesto
You can find countless variations of the meat ball sub, an indisputable American classic. This one turns the meatballs into delicious meat patties. We didn’t want to stray too much from the traditional recipe so we used familiar ingredients like marinara sauce, mozzarella, and a touch of pesto!
Ingredients Needed for Patty Sub With Mozzarella and Pesto
5 ounces of minced meat
¼ cup breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons of marinara sauce
1 teaspoon mustard
vegetable oil for frying
3.5 ounces of mozzarella, sliced
2 tablespoons of pesto sauce
How to Make Patty Sub With Mozzarella and Pesto
- Place the minced meat in a bowl and season it with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 egg, breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon marinara sauce, and mustard. Mix everything until smooth. Pinch off a piece of the meat mixture and gently roll it between your hands to form a small meatball, around 1-2 inch (2,5 cm – 4 cm) in diameter. Continue until you’ve used all of the meat. Press each meatball in your hands to form small patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Cook the meat patties for 7-9 minutes, turning them periodically for even cooking.
- Slice the first baguette through the middle and top its bottom layer with marinara sauce. Add half of the mozzarella slices and add 1 tablespoon of pesto sauce. Add half of the meat patties and close the sandwich.
- Repeat the steps to make 1 more sub!