Ingredients Needed for Beef Steak With Caramelized Baby Carrots
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon red peppercorns
7 ounces of beef tenderloin
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon butter
6 baby carrots
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 ounce arugula
1 teaspoon olive oil
How to Make Beef Steak With Caramelized Baby Carrots
- Crush the mustard seeds and red peppercorns in a mortar.
- Place the beef on a wooden board and season it with salt and crushed spices. Rub it well.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook it for 3 minutes per side if you prefer it medium. If you like serving your beef well done, cook it for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Separately, melt the butter in a heated skillet. Add the baby carrots and squeeze the juice out of 1/4 lemon on top. Add the brown sugar and melt it. Season with salt and add the soy sauce.
- Cook them until they soften.
- Place the arugula on a plate. Pour a small drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice over it. Place the beef on top and the baby carrots on the side.
- Serve it with a few toasted peanuts on top.