Ingredients Needed for Ham, Egg and Mozzarella Toast Cups
6 toast breads slices
6 egg yolks
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
How to Cook Ham, Egg and Mozzarella Toast Cups
- You can start with the Bechamel sauce.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 4 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Separately, heat the milk in a different pan, until just about to boil. Slowly add the hot milk in the butter mixture, whisking continuously until very smooth.
- Cook for 6 more minutes, while stirring, and then remove from the heat. Season the sauce with salt and nutmeg and leave it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Grab your toast bread slices and level them with a rolling pin. Spread 1 teaspoon of melted butter on them.
- Use a 6-cup muffin tray and add 1 bread slice inside a hole. Top it with 1 ham slice, 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of Bechamel sauce, nutmeg, and 1 tablespoon of shredded mozzarella.
- Continue until you’ve filled all of the empty slots, and used all of the ingredients.
- Slide the tray in the oven for the next 15 minutes.
- Serve them with chili powder on top!.