Ingredients Needed for Fried Round Goby With Polenta and Garlic Sauce
½ cup flour
2 cups of cornmeal
6 ales d and gutted
vegetable oil for frying
4 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon olive oil
¼ cup chicken stock
How to Make Fried Round Goby With Polenta and Garlic Sauce
- Put the flour in a large rectangular bowl, 1/2 cup of cornmeal, sea salt, and pepper. Mix them.
- Coat the fish in flour and cornmeal mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the fish on both sides.
- Put about 3 cups (750 ml) of water in a pot, sprinkle some sea salt, and bring it to a boil.
- To make the polenta, gradually add the remaining cornmeal in the water. Use a balloon whisk and whisk vigorously until it thickens.
- Cover and cook the polenta on low heat for 30 minutes, whisking every 5 to 6 minutes.
- Crush the garlic cloves and put them in a mortar. Add sea salt and olive oil and mash the garlic using a pestle.
- When it’s done, put the mashed garlic in a small bowl, and pour over it 2-3 tablespoons of chicken stock. Mix with a spoon.
- Serve the fried round gobies worm, on a large plate, with polenta and garlic sauce.