Fried Mashed Potato Balls
Got some leftover mashed potatoes? Heating it won’t bring back the flavor and creamy texture, but you can use it to make something completely different. These mashed potato balls, seasoned with seven spices, turmeric, and paprika, make for a perfect snack. Serve them with a good sauce or dip, and they’re sure to become one of your favorites!
Ingredients Needed for Fried Mashed Potato Balls
3 potatoes, cooked
1 tablespoon flour
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon seven spice
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon olive oil
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Fried Mashed Potato Balls
- Place the cooked potatoes in a large bowl and mash them.
- Add the flour, 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs, the chopped onion, parsley, salt, and seven spices. Mix with a fork until smooth.
- Place the remaining breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Add the paprika powder, turmeric, and a pinch of salt.
- Just before you start making the balls, pour a bit of olive oil on your hands and rub them. This will prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Pinch off a piece of the mixture and gently roll it between your hands to form a 1/2-inch (3-4 cm) balls. Continue shaping until all the mixture is used.
- Coat them with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Start cooking the balls until golden and crispy.
- Serve them with your favorite dip!