Ingredients Needed for Fried Mashed Potato Balls
3 potatoes, cooked
1 tablespoon flour
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon seven spice
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon olive oil
vegetable oil for frying
How to Cook Fried Mashed Potato Balls
- Place the cooked potatoes in a large bowl and mash them.
- Add the flour, 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs, the chopped onion, parsley, salt, and seven spices. Mix with a fork until smooth.
- Place the remaining breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Add the paprika powder, turmeric, and a pinch of salt.
- Just before you start making the balls, pour a bit of olive oil on your hands and rub them. This will prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Pinch off a piece of the mixture and gently roll it between your hands to form a 1/2-inch (3-4 cm) balls. Continue shaping until all the mixture is used.
- Coat them with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Start cooking the balls until golden and crispy.
- Serve them with your favorite dip!