Calories: 445 kCal / serving
- 14 g
- 35 g
- 18 g
Ingredients Needed for Egg and Bacon Pie
¼ cup olive oil
1 red onion, julienne sliced
3 ounces of bacon
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
½ cup low moisture mozzarella
How to Make Egg and Bacon Pie
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and start cooking the onion. Add salt and cook until the onion softens.
- Roll out the puff pastry, cut it into two equal sheets. Lay one of them on the bottom and edges of a pie pan.
- Add the onion and bacon mixture into the pie pan, then add the low-moisture mozzarella and crack 7 eggs.
- Cover the pie with the second puff pastry sheet, then press to help the edges stick. Prick the top puff pastry with a fork, to make small holes that will allow the hot air to be released in the oven.
- Whisk the last egg and use it to coat the pie crust. Bake the pie for 25 minutes at 350˚F/175˚C.