Ingredients Needed for Duck Bobotie With Apricot Jam
4 bread slices
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon olive oil
7 ounces of duck breast, cubed
1 medium onion, minced
2 tablespoons of raisins
2 teaspoons of curry powder
3 tablespoons of apricot jam
4 bay leaves
How to Make Duck Bobotie With Apricot Jam
- Soak the bread slices in 1 cup of milk. Squeeze it out. Don’t discard the milk.
- Crumble the milk-soaked bread and layer it in a 6 x 4 inches (15 x 10 cm) baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the cubed duck breast. Cook until it starts browning.
- Add the onion and raisins. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Season with curry powder, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and the milk together in a bowl. Set this custard aside.
- Spread the apricot jam on the milk-soaked bread layer. Add the cooked duck meat and spread it evenly. Pour the custard over them.
- Add the bay leaves and bake for 30 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.