Ingredients Needed for Duck and Potato Soup
1 pound duck carcass
4 tablespoons duck fat
2 onions, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 celery, chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, shredded
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon Cajun spice mix
1-ounce celery leaves, chopped
2 potatoes, cubed
8 cups water (2 liters)
How to Cook Duck and Potato Soup
- Add the carcass and 1-2 tablespoons of duck fat to a pot over medium heat. Season with salt.
- Cook until the meat changes color, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining duck fat to the pot and mix in the onions.
- Add the carrots, red bell pepper, and celery. Stir in.
- Add the ginger, garlic, Cajun spice mix, the cooked carcass, celery leaves, potatoes, and water.
- Cook for 35 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
- Serve garnished with dill.