Ingredients Needed for Cucumber, Avocado, and Beet Salad
1 English cucumber
½ cup almond flakes
For the dressing:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the salad:
8 lettuces leaves
5 ounces of canned beets, sliced
3 ounces of raspberries
How to Cook Cucumber, Avocado, and Beet Salad
- Peel the cucumber lengthwise, starting some 2 inches from one end up to the other end, leaving there 2 unpeeled inches, too. Discard this strip.
- Continue peeling it until you have about 10-15 strips. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, and thinly slice both halves, skin-on. Peel each avocado slice. Set them aside.
- Add the almond flakes to a skillet over low heat. Cook and stir until they start changing their color to golden brown. Set aside.
- For the dressing:
Add the olive oil and lemon juice to a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad:
Add the lettuce, avocado, canned beet, and cucumber strips to a large bowl. Add the dressing and mix all using two spatulas.
- Garnish with the raspberries and the roasted almond flakes. You can, optionally add some sliced lime, too.