Ingredients Needed for Chicken Cordon Bleu and Broccoli
1 chicken breast
2 hams slices
1 ounce fresh mozzarella, slices
2 tablespoons of milk
½ cup flour
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon olive oil
5 broccoli florets
How to Cook Chicken Cordon Bleu and Broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Butterfly the chicken breast – slice the chicken horizontally, but don’t slice it all the way through to the other side; the idea is to open it like a book.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and tenderize the meat using a meat hammer. Remove the plastic wrap.
- Season the chicken breast with chili flakes, pepper, and salt.
- Add the ham slices and top with mozzarella.
- Sprinkle chili flakes, then roll the chicken breast.
- Make egg wash by whisking the egg with milk.
- Coat the chicken roll with flour, then with egg wash, and finally with breadcrumbs.
- Put the roll in a ceramic baking dish and drizzle some olive oil on it.
- Add in the same baking dish the broccoli florets.
- Drizzle some more olive oil.
- Season with pepper and chili flakes.
- Roast for 35 minutes.
- Slice the chicken roll and serve it with broccoli.