Ingredients Needed for Creamy Potato and Chicken Soup
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 boneless chicken thighs
1 onion, chopped
2 oregano sprigs
2 bay leaves
2 garlic cloves
2 cups of chicken stock
2 medium-sized potatoes
½ cup sweet corn
1 cup milk
½ cup heavy cream
fried bacon (for topping)
How to Cook Creamy Potato and Chicken Soup
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and cook them for around 15 minutes, until evenly golden.
- Remove the chicken and add the onion, oregano, bay leaves, and garlic.
- Pour the chicken stock and add the potatoes, sweet corn, and chicken.
- Pour the milk and squeeze the juice out of the lemon.
- Bring to a boil and remove the bay leaves.
- Pour the heavy cream, reduce the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper.