Ingredients Needed for Creamed Spinach With Fried Egg on Top
7 ounces of spinach
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
½ cup heavy cream
1 egg, fried
3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
How to Cook Creamed Spinach With Fried Egg on Top
- Add water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the spinach and cook it until wilted. Drain the spinach and place it on your wooden board.
- Chop it thinly.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the butter in it and melt it.
- Add the onion and cook it until softens.
- Add the garlic and spinach and stir.
- Add a light sprinkle of vegetable oil and pour the heavy cream.
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes, to reduce the sauce.
- Serve the spinach with 1 fried egg on top!