Ingredients Needed for Cornmeal Crusted Beef With Veggies
3.5 ounces of broccoli
14 ounces of beef tenderloin, 2 steaks
½ cup cornmeal
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 spring onion, chopped
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
How to Make Cornmeal Crusted Beef With Veggies
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and fill it halfway with water.
- Bring to a boil and add the broccoli. Cook it for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli with a slotted spatula and add it into a large bowl, halfway filled with water.
- Lay the beef steaks on your wooden board. Season them with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Coat the beef with cornmeal.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and cook it for 5 minutes per side, until golden and crispy.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat, and add garlic and ginger. Add the bell pepper, spring onion, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the orange juice, rice vinegar, honey, and soy sauce. Cook for 1 minute and add the broccoli.
- Add the broccoli, oranges, and cook for 2-3 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Use this veggie mix as a side for the beef.