Ingredients Needed for Classic Bread Dough
2 ½ cups of warm water
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 pounds of flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Cook Classic Bread Dough
- Add the dry yeast and sugar in the water. Mix.
- Add the flour on your working surface. Pile the flour and make a large well in the center. Pour the water and sugar mixture.
- Slowly start bringing in the flour from the inside of the well.
- Start kneading using the tip of your fingers at first, and then slightly more aggressive.
- Knead until you obtain a smooth and silky dough, around 6-8 minutes. Give it a round shape.
- Grab a round bowl and grease it with butter. Add in the dough and let it rise for 45 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic foil.
- Next, dust your working space with flour and knead the dough again, shaping it for the loaf pan.
- Add it in the loaf pan and bake it.