Ingredients Needed for Chorizo and White Wine Steamed Clams
1 pound clams
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ounces of chorizo, sliced
1 small onion, sliced
½ leek, sliced
1 teaspoon ginger, shredded
1 garlic clove, sliced
1 teaspoon saffron
¼ cup white wine
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
pomegranate seed for garnishing
fresh parsley for garnishing
How to Make Chorizo and White Wine Steamed Clams
- Fill a bigger bowl halfway with water, salt it and soak the clams for about 20 minutes to get rid of any sand.
- Add the olive oil and chorizo slices to a saucepan over medium heat and fry them until crunchy. Set them aside.
- Lower the heat and use the same oil to cook the onion and leek until tender. Add the ginger, garlic, and saffron while stirring.
- Add the clams and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the white wine and simmer for 2 minutes more. Add the fried chorizo and fresh parsley and simmer for yet 2 more minutes.
- Serve garnished with pomegranate seeds and fresh parsley.