Chocolate Mini Cakes With Whipped Cream
This is a masterpiece of chocolate decadence and, oh, so sweet! We’ve used two chocolate bars and digestive cookies for these mini cakes. And we’ve also whipped some cream for the topping. Garnish it with powdered cocoa and strawberries or anything else that comes to mind. Just enjoy them.
Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Mini Cakes With Whipped Cream
2.5 ounces of digestive cookies (10-12 cookies)
3 tablespoons of sugar
3 tablespoons of flour
2 ounces of butter
6 ounces of chocolate, broken to pieces
4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
gelatin (3-4 sheets)
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make Chocolate Mini Cakes With Whipped Cream
- Add the cookies, 1 tablespoon of sugar, flour, a dash of salt, and 1 ounce of butter to a blender. Blend until even.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add two 4-inch cookie cutters on it. Fill them with the mixture, gently press with a spatula, then bake for 10 minutes at 320⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add 3 ounces of chocolate and 1 tablespoon of whipping cream to a small bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Crush the baked cookie discs into a bowl using your hands. Add the microwaved chocolate and mix until even using a spatula.
- Place the 2 cookie cutters on a flat plate and fill them with the mixture. Press gently, then remove the cutters. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Fill a medium bowl halfway with water and add the gelatin sheets. Let them dissolve.
- Add the remaining 3 ounces of chocolate and 1 ounce of butter to a small bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg yolks to a bowl. Beat them until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Add the microwaved chocolate and mix more until smooth.
- Add the dissolved gelatin and mix until even using a spatula.
- Transfer this mixture to the cookie cutters. Spread evenly and refrigerate for 1 more hour.
- Add the remaining whipping cream (2-3 tablespoons) to a bowl and mix until firm using a hand mixer.
- Add a pinch of salt, the remaining sugar (2 tablespoons), the cornstarch, and vanilla extract. Mix more until even.
- Transfer to a piping bag and top the 2 cookies with the whipped cream. You can garnish them with cocoa powder and strawberries if you want.