Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Mini Cakes With Whipped Cream
2.5 ounces of digestive cookies (10-12 cookies)
3 tablespoons of sugar
3 tablespoons of flour
2 ounces of butter
6 ounces of chocolate, broken to pieces
4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
gelatin (3-4 sheets)
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Cook Chocolate Mini Cakes With Whipped Cream
- Add the cookies, 1 tablespoon of sugar, flour, a dash of salt, and 1 ounce of butter to a blender. Blend until even.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add two 4-inch cookie cutters on it. Fill them with the mixture, gently press with a spatula, then bake for 10 minutes at 320⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add 3 ounces of chocolate and 1 tablespoon of whipping cream to a small bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Crush the baked cookie discs into a bowl using your hands. Add the microwaved chocolate and mix until even using a spatula.
- Place the 2 cookie cutters on a flat plate and fill them with the mixture. Press gently, then remove the cutters. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Fill a medium bowl halfway with water and add the gelatin sheets. Let them dissolve.
- Add the remaining 3 ounces of chocolate and 1 ounce of butter to a small bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg yolks to a bowl. Beat them until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Add the microwaved chocolate and mix more until smooth.
- Add the dissolved gelatin and mix until even using a spatula.
- Transfer this mixture to the cookie cutters. Spread evenly and refrigerate for 1 more hour.
- Add the remaining whipping cream (2-3 tablespoons) to a bowl and mix until firm using a hand mixer.
- Add a pinch of salt, the remaining sugar (2 tablespoons), the cornstarch, and vanilla extract. Mix more until even.
- Transfer to a piping bag and top the 2 cookies with the whipped cream. You can garnish them with cocoa powder and strawberries if you want.