Ingredients Needed for Chocolate-Dipped Madeleines
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅔ cup melted butter
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 cup flour
6 ounces of chocolate
How to Make Chocolate-Dipped Madeleines
- Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract to a bowl. Season with salt and mix until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Add the melted butter, lemon zest, and flour. Mix more until you have a smooth and even creamy batter.
- Transfer the cream to a piping bag. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Start forming the madeleines. We’ve made 8 of them.
- Bake them for 15 minutes at 330⁰F/165⁰C.
- For the chocolate dip:
Melt the chocolate using the bain-marie method. Split it into squares and add it to a heatproof bowl set above a cooking pot of simmering water. Stir the chocolate as it melts.
- Dip each madeleine in melted chocolate and set them aside for 30 minutes.