Ingredients Needed for Pear and Walnut Phyllo Pockets
4 ounces of walnuts
2 tablespoons of butter
⅓ cup vegetable oil
2 pears, diced
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon amaretto
1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
6 phyllo sheets
How to Cook Pear and Walnut Phyllo Pockets
- Add the walnuts to a blender and crush them.
- Start melting the butter in a pot over low heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil, pears, and sugar.
- Cook and stir until they start to get tender and add the cinnamon. Keep cooking and stirring until the mix starts bubbling.
- Add the amaretto and basil and stir them in. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed walnuts, stir them in, then remove from heat.
- Coat 1 phyllo sheet with vegetable oil using a brush, then add 2 more on top of it and do the same. Add about 1/2 of the pear mixture on the lower part of the phyllo pastry stack and wrap. Do the same with the other 3 phyllo sheets and the remaining pear mixture.
- Transfer the two packages to a baking dish, coat them with oil and bake for 25 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.