Ingredients Needed for Chocolate and Almond Foie Gras Lollipops
9 ounces of foie gras
3 tablespoons of butter
½ cup hazelnuts
½ cup melted dark chocolate
How to Cook Chocolate and Almond Foie Gras Lollipops
- Add the foie gras and butter to the mixer bowl. Mix until even.
- Transfer the foie gras mixture to a piping bag. Fill with it 18 spherical candy molds, gently level them, and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, add the hazelnuts and roast them for 12 minutes.
- Add the hazelnuts to a strainer and rub and mix them using a spatula to peel them. Set aside 9 of them.
- Transfer the rest to the work surface and chop them using a big knife. Transfer them again to a strainer and strain them. You want to keep just the bigger crumbles. Set aside.
- Make hazelnut-small holes on half of the foie gras hemispheres using the tip of a knife. Shortly charr the surface of the remaining hemispheres.
- Fit and gently press each of the 9 hazelnuts into one of the charred foie gras hemispheres. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Pair each hazelnut-fitted hemisphere with a drilled one. Stick into each sphere thus formed a lollipop skewer.
- Coat each lollipop with melted chocolate and crumbled hazelnuts.