Calories: 105 kCal / serving
- 2 g
- 8 g
- 5 g
Ingredients Needed for Chinese Steamed Egg
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make Chinese Steamed Egg
- Add the yolks, sugar, whipping cream, milk, and vanilla extract to a bowl. Whisk until even.
- Fill a pot halfway with water and bring it to a simmer.
- Place the grill part of a bamboo steamer on top of the pot and transfer the egg mixture to Chinese serving cups.
- Place them into the steamer, cover with the lid, and steam for 12-14 minutes. You may need to steam 2-3 batches.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and caramelize using a kitchen blowtorch.