Ingredients Needed for Monkey Bread and Ground Beef Casserole
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon chili flakes
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon mustard
2 pounds of ready-made dough
How to Cook Monkey Bread and Ground Beef Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 175 degrees C.
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet. Add the ground beef and cook it for 5-6 minutes or until it loses its pink color. Add dried oregano, mixed spice and chili flakes. Stir and add parsley as well.
- Continue cooking – using a spatula, break the ground beef into smaller pieces and stir to make sure the meat is browning evenly. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the eggs, milk, mustard in a big bowl. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Take the dough and start forming small balls. After giving shape, soak them in the egg and milk mixture.
- Start to assemble the bundt cake, by layering the ingredients as follows: dough balls, ground beef, Cheddar cheese, dough ball again, ground beef, mozzarella and dough balls. Grease the top of the bundt cake with the egg and milk mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes.