Ingredients Needed for Chickpea, Quinoa and Veggie Fritters
1 cup quinoa
2 cups of vegetable stock
4 breads slices
1 fresh coriander bunch
1 red bell pepper, small cubes
1 cup canned chickpeas
1 teaspoon cumin powder
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
How to Cook Chickpea, Quinoa and Veggie Fritters
- Add the quinoa and the vegetable stock in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook the quinoa for around 20 minutes, when the liquid is absorbed.
- Next set up your food processor and add the bread slices, fresh coriander, red bell pepper, chickpeas, and egg. Blend everything until smooth.
- Next, add the quinoa and mix to combine it with the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin powder. Mix again.
- Next, grab a pinch of the mixture using your hands and shape it into a 2 inches (5 cm) diameter patty. Continue until you’ve used all of the mixture.
- Next heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the patties and cook them until golden and crispy on both sides.
- You can serve them topped with a bit of yogurt and parsley.