Ingredients Needed for Shrimp Skewers and Cauliflower Mash
¼ teaspoon salt
½ medium cauliflower head
2 tablespoons of butter
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup parmesan, shredded
6 ounces of shrimp
2 tablespoons of pesto
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
How to Cook Shrimp Skewers and Cauliflower Mash
- Fill a medium-sized cooking pot halfway with water and heat it over medium heat. When the water starts sizzling add the cauliflower and some salt.
- Lower the heat to low and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Put the cooked cauliflower into a bowl and mash it.
- Add the mashed cauliflower to a saucepan over low heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and the heavy cream and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for approximately 5 minutes, while adding the parmesan and the parsley. Set the cauliflower mash aside.
- Use 4 skewers to skewer the shrimp and coat them on both sides with pesto.
- Put the vegetable oil into a saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic, the other tablespoon of butter and the skewered shrimp and cook them on both sides until they turn golden brown. Also, add a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve the skewered shrimp with cauliflower mash.