Chicken in Creamy White Sauce
This braised chicken is truly delicious thanks to its creamy white sauce made of half-and-half, mushrooms, white wine, and Dijon mustard. Try it, it’s full of flavors and it doesn’t have too many carbs.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken in Creamy White Sauce
1 whole chicken
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 white onion, sliced
4 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
⅓ cup dry white wine
2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
½ cup half-and-half
How to Make Chicken in Creamy White Sauce
- Portion the chicken.
- Season the chicken legs, wings, and breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet and add the chicken pieces in it. Fry until golden brown, for about 4 minutes on each side. When ready, set aside.
- Add the onion in the same skillet and coon it until softens.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, then add the dry white wine.
- Add the chicken pieces on top and cover the skillet with a lid. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the Dijon mustard, half-and-half, and about 1/4 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Cover again and simmer for 3 more minutes.