Calories: 561 kCal / serving
- 26 g
- 71 g
- 36 g
Ingredients Needed for Chicken, Feta, and Couscous Stuffed Peppers
For the chicken breast:
10 ounces of chicken breast
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the filling:
2 cups of couscous
½ zucchini, diced
1 red onion, diced
4 ounces of cherry tomatoes, diced
1 ounce black olives, diced
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
3 ounces of feta, crumbled
1 garlic clove, crushed
For the final dish:
2 red bell peppers
2 yellow bell peppers
4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
⅔ cup vegetable stock
3 ounces of feta
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
fresh basil for garnishing
How to Make Chicken, Feta, and Couscous Stuffed Peppers
- For the chicken breast:
Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cut the chicken breast into 4 pieces and add it to the skillet.
- Cook it on both sides until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper in the process, also on both sides.
- Place the cooked chicken breast on the work surface and dice it. Set aside.
- For the filling:
Add the couscous, zucchini, red onion, cherry tomatoes, black olives, the diced chicken meat, fresh dill, dried oregano, feta, and garlic to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix them all until even.
- For the final dish:
Slice the tops off the peppers and discard them. Remove and discard the seeds and the interior membrane.
- Place the scooped out peppers in a 10 x 2 inch (24 x 5 cm) baking dish. Fill them with the couscous mixture, then add one tablespoon of vegetable oil to each one.
- Divide the vegetable stock and feta between the 4 stuffed peppers, too. Bake for 45 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with lemon juice, and garnish with fresh basil.